Sunday, January 13, 2008

Welcome, Thompson Book Club Bloggers!


How cool!  We are blogging about our latest book, Steal Away Home, by Lois Ruby.  It's a story about a curious 12 year old girl, Dana Shannon, who just moved into a home that has a very interesting past.  The home is 135 years old, and when her mother and Dana are renovating it, they happen upon a skeleton!  This story is sure to be exciting, as one chapter is in the here and now, and the next is in the past (1860s) and involves the Underground Railroad.  We are pumped about reading this book!  But we are really excited about being able to blog our thoughts on this new book in our series of readings this year!  
Let the blogging begin!

7 comments:

Selena Knight said...

Mrs. Wells,
Will you add my blog to the book club blogsites? It is mrsknightsroundtable.blogspot.com.

Thanks!
Selena

NoMel said...

Some people have like different colors on their blog thing different colors how do i know what my color thing is? (by the way i love LIME GREEN!)

Extraordinary Book Reader said...

The "color thing" is actually a Template. Go under Customize, then Templates. Choose another template! That will re-set your background. Then, if you get tired of that one, just repeat the whole thing!
Also, "Dashboard" is another word for customize.
Good luck, NoMel!

Kool Kat Krazy said...

HELP!I CAN'T CHANGE MY BACK GROUND!How do you do it.I read the post you made but it dosen't make sence.

kool kat...

P.S love the bloge

Extraordinary Book Reader said...

Okay, I'll be a little more specific: If you're looking at your blog, in the upper right corner, you'll see "Customize". Click on it. Then look for the word "Template" and click on it. Then, below and to the right, look for New Template. Click, then you will see a bunch of different looking blog backgrounds that you may choose from. You can preview them by choosing that option; or you can just choose one by clicking the little dot beside the name of one you like. Some have three names. That's because they will turn different colors when you click on those names. Try that out and see if it helps. =-)

Ms. Mc.'s Message said...

Mrs. Wells,
Your students say that they think this book is cool & that they love it. I would like to know why? Should I try to get some of my students to read it too? How does a railroad leave a body in a wall? That's not possible. Can you have someone clarify?

Book Bug said...

I haven't finished the book but I like it!I guess I have been buisier than I thought!But I think it is very funny