Saturday, February 16, 2008

Are you ready to start our new read????


It's Love, Ruby Lavender, by Deborah Wiles!

I can't wait to talk to you about it!  So many of you have come up to me and practically been jumping up and down about it, saying you can't stop reading it!  All right, then!  We've got a winner here!!!!  I'll never forget the look on most of your faces when you saw the assignment: read the first 10 chapters by next Friday.  Your faces said, Are you serious?  And I said, Don't worry, it's really funny, it will go by so fast!  Sooooo. . .  when can I say I told you so?  =-)  

I got on Deborah Wiles' blog last night.  Actually, she has two of them: one to outline her book tour of 2007 with her newest book, The Aurora County All-Stars, and another one that tells what it's like to be a writer.  Very interesting stuff!  Here are her blog addresses:   http://deborahwiles.blogspot.com and  http://deborahwiles1.blogspot.com

As readers of Love, Ruby Lavender, you will really enjoy the first blog.  You will travel with Deborah to the real home of Ruby, meet the real Miss Eula (or at least witness the things she lived with), and see the real town represented in the book.  In the second blog, if you've ever wondered about the writing process (as I have) and what authentic writers are all about, you'll get an up close look at a great author!

Happy Reading!  See you Friday morning at 7:15 sharp! =-)

7 comments:

Kool Kat Krazy said...

I'm sorry Mrs.Wells,but I do'nt like the book verry much.I'm still reading it,but I had to read a diffrent book for a while.(name of book:elsewhere)

Kool Kat Krazy said...

I'm sorry Mrs.Wells,but I do'nt like the book verry much.I'm still reading it,but I had to read a diffrent book for a while.(name of book:elsewhere)

Extraordinary Book Reader said...

That's okay -- everybody has different tastes in books! I happen to like it, but I know of another adult that doesn't like it as well as the last book we read. That's going to happen in our book club. That's the cool part of reading a lot of different kinds of literature, though -- variety is the spice of life! So, you like the book Elsewhere? I'll have to give it a try! And keep reading Love, Ruby Lavender. Something may hit you that sinks in -- or not! =-)

NoMel said...

i absolutley LOVE THIS BOOK!the description is amazing!Ive already finished it because it was so awsome!

Unknown said...

Mrs.Wells, I did not like my blog and I think I just mest it up. So, I made another blog with the same name. I wanted to see if you could put extraordinary book reader on the corner of my blog. If you type in my password and stuff. Then there will be 2 Ashleys on it. The top one is mine. Please. I love the book. It is so good. I can not stop reading.

Unknown said...

O, and I went on Deborah Wiles blog. And I printed it out. It was 20 pages long. I want to read it. I hope I find the time to. I also love your blog.

Unknown said...

I LOve the book!!!!!!!!!!!!